Wednesday, January 2, 2013

'We are all meant to SHINE...'


I've always loved the movie Coach Carter. I'm attracted to the life this Coach led - dispite the disapproval of so many people in such an obviously hopeless part of California. He saw and believed truth. Yeah, Yeah. Blah Blah. 

However, I don't take the history of his choices lightly. I'm called to inspire others. 

Three years ago, at my second 'MOTION CONFERENCE' - a youth conference Ben and I took our youth group to - I asked God what His truest calling was for this life He gave me. In one word - He answered me & gave me a vision of what my life looked like if I let Him use me that way. He's still teaching, challenging and convicting me, but I'm certain He has called me and placed a unique anointing on me (as He has one for everyone) to....

...inspire...

You may already "know" this quote - but I encourage you to read it to it's entirety. 


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.
We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us;
It's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we're liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others."

Marianne Williamson was inspired by the Lord when she was quoted saying this. She gave the credit of these words to God. 

Not only is this quote spoken by an actor in "Coach Carter", one who played the most troubled kid on the coach's team. It was also a quote my high school english teacher/soccer coach & personal mentor - asked me personally to memorize. 

I believe God allows the things in your life to equip you for other seasons you soon enough will experience...bettering you to embrace all the Promises He gives along the journey. This quote is one of the many times the Lord was equipping me to understand I was called to challenge others to see things differently - try new things and BE AUTHENTIC.

I love when she says "Your playing small does not serve the world...." My biggest pet peeve - in the entire world (minus being chased & tickled) is when others don't even try. When they forfeit their identity to embrace the identity of our culture. I'm sick of photo copies. They aren't attractive and lack the creativity of the God of our Universe. It's insulting. God's better than that, and He's calling a generation to be better than that. For "we were born to make manifest the Glory of God that is within us."

And....

"it's not just in some of us; it's in everyone."

As we daily, obediently and authentically live out our jouney as He has designed us to be..."we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

God has sent us to be a light. Replacing the spirit of fear that every other person buying into the photo copy culture has - and giving us the spirit of POWER - LOVE AND A SOUND MIND. - 2 Timothy 1:7

"As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence....(that's my favorite - our presence that has the  Holy Spirit living inside us) automatically liberates others." Not our words - but through our puriest, Holy Spirit driven, faith-full actions we can LIBERATE others.

In Jesus' name. 

My sweet friends - Take it one faithful, obedient day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment