Monday, June 20, 2011

God totally found us you - To my son - Paxton Oliver

June 20th...So much has happened up to this point in our adoption journey. Some milestones to document...he's chuckling, belly laughing, rolling over, eating rice cereal, sitting up in bumbo and watching us enter and leave the room, watching and acknowledging himself in the mirror, being awesome and adorable, sleeping through the night, and sitting and reading with his mama.

Today we read GOD FOUND US YOU...mama Jamie balled the whole way through....THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH.


"Little Fox paused. "How come I couldn't stay with the mother who had me? 


         (Mama Fox) She must have had very big reasons to give you up. She must have thought it was best for you.


(Little Fox) Did she have fur like mine? Eyes like mine?


         (Mama Fox) Most likely. Mama smiled softly. She must have ben as beautiful as you are handsome. I think she prayed like crazy that you would be safe, Little Fox. I think she prayed for me as much as I prayed for her." Mama's voice got all whispery. " And God answered both our prayers."


(Little Fox) I came then? To you?
  
       Mama nodded, happy tears in her eyes. "You came then. When God found us you, you made me the happiest mama in the world."

referenced 'GOD FOUND US YOU' by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Boy did God find us Pax. Seeing pictures of Ben as a baby and seeing Pax it is miraculous the similarities. It's incredible HOW PERFECT Paxton is for us...I don't remember life without him. I'm so connected to his needs..before he needs them. I understand him.

Nothing brings me more joy than putting Pax to sleep and seeing him smile...BUT the best...when Ben walks in the room - and Pax looks up at him (without Ben having a clue) and just staring at him, smiling and cooing. TEARS EVERYTIME!

...being rooted and established in love, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know his love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God...to him who is able to do immeasurably MORE than ALL we ask or imagine, according to his power that is AT WORK within us, TO HIM be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout ALL GENERATIONS, for ever and ever! Amen - Ephesians 3:17-21

I started this blog to REACH Pax's birthmom...subtly. Now I have a baby...a son...who is more than incredible. God's PERFECT gift to Ben and I. God did well...He DOES well...and I have no doubts He is FAITHFUL TO ALWAYS do well....immeasurably well.

1 comment:

  1. How do you do it? I cry every time! Inspirational. Wish I had words like you.

    ReplyDelete