Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2 Things I Ask...2 Things I Desire...

Faithful= steady in allegiance or affection, reliable, true to fact or standard.
Fruitful= productive; successful.

2 words that describe what I want to be said about my life. Faithful....Fruitful.

"But be sure to fear the Lord and faithfully serve him. Think of all the wonderful things he has done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24


"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23


I want to be a woman that lives a life every day (even mondays) with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and discipline.

I want my life to be a confident record of faithfulness....steady in affection to the LORD. He has been faithful to love and show compassion in light of every idiosyncrasy I have...we have. He has chosen to show faithfulness to us...

He is deserving. Deserving of a life of faithfulness and fruitfulness.

Nothing I'm more desiring of than of SUCCESS. Not in a monetary-big house-high paying job sort-of-way. But the kind success - that at then end of the day (everyday) AND the end of my life - is deserving of the words "Well done, my good and faithful servant" from the Creator of the Universe.

I can't do that without Jesus.

"so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:7


I'm responsible for the rest by being faithful and fruitful.

We're choosing to be faithful to God's obvious directing and praying that until we are where we're heading that we are fruitful...faithful AND fruitful in the small things...so that our fruit at our destination is even greater and that our whole journey produces good, quality, life-giving fruit.

I recently had a woman come up to me after church, with a sincere grab of my hand and an intential look in her eyes - commiting to pray for our family on our new venture. Not the kind of praying that people say they are doing in a time of need. But the wrestling kind...like the kind of praying you'd do... fighting a war.  That moment made me feel special and valued. Those of you following I'm asking for you to pray for our young family....as the following weeks are crucial. Current request: that we sell our house and car.

We LOVE you.

No comments:

Post a Comment