Sunday, December 25, 2011

The END is always the best BEGINNING

Last year around Christmas time I began to blog and though I have had only a few posts I have enjoyed it and truly believe this next year will bring even a bigger adventure and testimony to God's favor and goodness to us.

It's so important to the Lord that our journeys are documented that people around us see what the Lord did for His people - that they may be encouraged and that He is honored. "Now go and write down these words. Write them in a book. They will stand until the end of time as a witness." (Isaiah 30:8 NLT)

This past year God gave us a son through a series of events that only God could of written... So unique and beautiful... He gave us a son - a family - a birthmom - a story... That we are honored to be given a part in His Grand Story.

He has shown us that He is more than enough. He is ENOUGH. He can do it all on His own.. But from His track record..has shown us that.... (drum roll)... He wants to invite us on the journey. For more reasons than we can presume. "For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9 NLT)

.. And thank God for that.. Because some days I'm losing it.. Where I find myself holding a dish in the laundry room while I still have a towel on my head and my other hand is holding a toothbrush trying to brush my teeth because im also trying to talk on speaker while my phone sits on the washer.. And I think.. why do I still have this dirty dish in my hand?????

I follow a Holy Big God.. Who is continually reminding me every seemingly unordinary day that He wants to do something EXTRA ordinary with my life...

So with that we believe God is calling us and our family - all 3 of us are going to be faithful to listen and do.. Totally believing that He who created us knows EXACTLY where we belong and were gifted to do AND what we will fill the most satisfied. I promise to be more faithful to journal this journey - that it may bring God glory and encourage you to listen and "go".

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up, you are still with me! (Psalm 139:13-18 NLT)

Be so unbelievably blessed this Christmas and I beg take at least 5 minutes today thinking about a baby boy, born of a virgin, who grew up in love with God the Father to then die so young, beaten and hanging by huge nails on cross, by choice - so even maybe one person would accept his sacrifice and gift. I thank God I don't have to do anything but accept His gift - that I may be His daughter and heir. Merry-Blessed-Favored-Loving Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment