Monday, August 27, 2012

MamaMondays: Manic Monday for this Mama

My heart started to race - as I was abruptly awaken by my 18 month old coughing uncontrollably...ending with what sounded like he was gasping for air mixed with what sounded like vomiting.

As I walk into his room across the hall from mine, I found him balled up in the corner of his crib. whimpering, yet still asleep. What was left of my over beating and anxious heart - went out to him.

A few hours later, when he decided 5:03 a.m. was a good idea to wake up and face the day - I quickly took my sympathies back.

Since his typical wake up time was 7:30 or 8 - I was really unsure what today would look like.

I'm a rational human being. I understand first hand that babies change things. Let's be real - they change EVERYTHING. However, God still knit me to be organized and planned.

My day, that was intended to be very productive with a 18 month old shifted quickly to a day that was still demanding productivity however with a sick, out of routine, needy one minute - independent the next, little baby boy.

I feared the worst. However little man pulled through. Taking 2...I say it again, 2 long naps - poor baby needed them. Waking up to the second one with no fever. (Giving credit to God and the mamas on Mom on the Wall - a facebook page I'm apart of. I say thank you - so truly much for praying for him).

Now as I finish my day I can say that all the demands were for the most part accomplished. My baby was visited by three very special women - my pastor's wife, my dear friend (whom I share everything with), and his birthmom (who happens to be like a daughter/dear friend/like a sister to me-if that's possible). Along with the visits - he got to see his very hard working daddy for a few more hours randomly inbetween his interview and work. And most importantly he heard about Jesus with this mama over coffee and breakfast, straight from God's Word. Finishing him off with some pureed fruit and a good old fashion bath with the works (bubbles and toys)...which he climbed out of for the second time in his whole life (mama got this one on film however).






As I held on to my baby today - I was reminded how fast time goes by. How soon it will be till he starts school. I'm reminded as I look on our fridge at a picture of the first time I ever held him in my arms, thinking that soon he will be in his bride's arms. When his birthmom, Lesa and I talk about how big he is - my heart drops a few inches in my chest - thinking soon this baby boy will be in a big boy bed and walking himself there rather than me carrying him. 

"a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracinga time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak.." Ecclesiastes 3:4-7

And right now I'm embracing him.

Find time to embrace. Put your heart into it.

Welcome to MamaMondays.


No comments:

Post a Comment