Monday, February 20, 2012

A CONFIDENT Hope

Confidence defined as a feeling or conciousness of one's power or of reliance on one's circumstances. A faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper and effective way. A relation of trust or intimacy.

Confidence. It's the word that keeps making a drive by in my mind. This word that God has added...to be placed in front of the first word He gave me to rest on...hope....confident hope.

"I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

We talked with someone with Children's Cup this weekend and got a lot of questions answered. I walked away even more excited but also, if I'm gonna be honest..a bit defeated. We have to raise a lot of money...and I was reminded more than once that my organized OCD personality will be a bit stretched when I'm there and I will have the hardest time adjusting...even though I had hopes that I was gonna have the easiest time...I have to be real with myself..it's gonna be hard..it already is.

I know we're called here. But with tears in my eyes I'm getting afraid.

I'm scared. Terrified that both God will act so extravagantly and fearful that He won't act at all. Not that He can't but that He won't...there's a difference. Yes, I'm here again.

I refuse however to be like many and live hopelessly. I was created to be different and so I will choose to remain in character and stay faithful.

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded." Hebrews 10:35

I have to speak it. We can get there...to Africa...and soon. God is for us and His call is urgent..because souls are involved. So we remain in this journey and choose confident hope...sure that He will act..exceeding what we ask.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." 1 John 5:14

And I will remain obedient. Drawing near..because I don't wanna re-live a life someone else has lived I want to LIVE this life AUTHENTIC...inspiring..ALIVE! CONFIDENT! HOPEFUL! At peace knowing with all CONFIDENCE that Im doing exactly what I'm suppose to do. We're doing all were suppose to be doing. Living, resting, speaking, acting, loving CONFIDENTLY!

"The fruit of that righteousness will be peace;
its effect will be quietness and confidence forever." Isaiah 32:17

No comments:

Post a Comment