Wednesday, February 15, 2012

God Loves Trash!

My son has some serious issues with trash. He enjoys the banana peel more than the banana, he likes finding a toy that is much like a cup to scoop water FROM THE TOILET!!! This kid enjoys playing with trash cans with lids that swing...and if no one is around you can find him sticking his hand in it...!!! I'm sure a lot of one year olds are like him...

"People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:15-17

Childlike.

In my small small frame of mind and totally not denying God's thoughts are way higher...

....dare I say that I think God is childlike!

And just like my son totally unphased by germy gross trash...and what it "looks" like to be digging in the garbage - so God doesn't see our trash and sin..but our potential..He doesn't disregard us and walk on by - He reaches in and doesn't care who sees..He is unlike most "church insitutes" that people don't go to in fear of being judged..He takes great delight in delivering us and setting us free!

God is incredible! My son reminded me of that.

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters." Psalm 18:16

Thank God! Because I seem to be in deep garbage a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment