Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Honor One Another

"Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." Romans 12:10

I love Valentines Day. And I'm sure I annoyed some people I worked with today..but I can say I was genuine in my love for the day..the day that causes us whether we want to or not to reflecton on our relationships..

I'm so blessed. Because of Jesus I have no unsettled debts with anyone. He has justified me and convicted me to make things right with people.

"Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." Ephesians 5:2

I'm not perfect and I've yelled at an authority figure or two and spoke unaffectionately towards those I'm suppose to honor. However God has reconciled me and helped me make peace. I never in all my years thought I would be able to say this with such confidence..because for most my life I've used my tongue as a sword rather than a band aid or a fresh drink of water. God is working on me.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day because I'm married - I celebrate Valentine's because I'm blessed to have such loving and life giving relationships with everyone God blesses me to meet. I love those I work with, my family, my church, my clients, my mentors, my pastors, my friends...all of it. God has richly blessed me...

Today I feel truly like the wealthiest woman alive! Happy Love Day everyone. I honor you - the one reading because you have blessed me! I LOVE you!

No comments:

Post a Comment