Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Iron...The Good Kind

"As iron sharpens iron,
so a friend sharpens a friend." Proverbs 27:17

I'm so blessed...to have so much love in my life. Women who love God, their husbands, and their children...and are just all so different and beautiful. AND EVERY ONE of them are special and dear to me.

As a friend we also must come out of our emotional comas and be sure that what we say and how we feel radiates life and hope. The last thing we need is another life sucker.

If it's true....that at any hour Jesus may come...I want to know I honored Him by honoring others. That I sharpened others...

This verse is intriguing because I feel like we can sharpen our friends for the best but also the worst. We can sharpen their hope or we can sharpen their bitterness. We can sharpen their ability to forgive or sharpen their inability to let go.

Our spouse is suppose to be our best friend...and if that's the case...how amazing... to be in a relationship that is committed and sharpening...always being challenged and given hope, love and care...

I want to be a sharpening wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister and woman. Because God is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment