Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Was Wrong to Justify Him

For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power. (1 Corinthians 4:20 NLT)

I'm convicted. I'll be honest. I wrote a blog this morning in fury and arrogance...justifying it as boastfulness in the Lord. As if the Lord needs me to defend Him.

However it is not how I want to reach my family and friends, and it is not the model Jesus inhibited while here. If I had just continued to read 1 Corinthians rather than stopping in the first two chapters I would of known better. If you read this mornings blog I deleted it and I'm sorry.

I want to live a life that I would be proud of other followers of Jesus to imitate. Just as Paul to the church in Corinth.."So I urge you to imitate me." 1 Corinthians 4:16

I don't need to prove with words and theology that God is real..Proverbs often talks about how you can't rebuke a fool and you can't change them with words...

I'm determined that this life I live will represent the Lord well...the same power that rose Christ from the dead lives in me. His power and faithfulness to me will speak more than my "scriptural attacks" on those who call me foolish for following Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment