Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Blog from Kayla: Every Journey attaches you to relationships..encouraging you to RUN.


I'm Kayla. A year and a half ago, I met Jamie at AVBS. Little did I know that appointment was Spirit made.  

 In September of 2009, my soul began to bend for Haiti. To ache for a people I looked nothing like or had never met made little sense to most, but then God began to show me He was birthing the same heart in others. When I found out Jamie had a heart for Haiti AND was going with a couple of girls to "spend themselves" (Isaiah 58:10) at an orphanage for a while, it was confirmed; THIS friendship was made for such a time as this. 

It wasn't long before hair appointments weren't enough to quench this fire that Jesus was igniting between hearts. Coffee dates at Hebrews and Starbucks, (church, we call it), happen frequently. And Jesus started to teach us; so graciously teach us together. About Him. His love for us, His love for His kids, and His desire for His love to be spread across this world. 

I love to dream. He gives me no bounds. I dream physically while I sleep, I dream when I'm awake. And through these dreams, He gives me promises. Promises of healing, of raising life from death, of joining myself to another in marriage, of being a mommy, of being a part of training and mobilizing an army of Kingdom warriors... I dream, and He teaches me the art of patiently waiting. He teaches me what it means to let the dream He has given me, die to myself, so that He can birth it through the Holy Spirit. So that it is nothing of me but everything of Him. He teaches me gratitude and to give thanks in all things in all seasons. He teaches me to live boldly and risky in the eyes of this world. He teaches me that Faith is believing in what I don't see in front of me, and praising Him already for the promises He's given me. 

I'm not sure what it looks like, but for the first time in my life, I'm entering IN to where I AM right now. Fully into the depths of this current. To give as much of myself in Jesus to those around me so that they may know life. To surrounding myself with kids, (today AND tomorrow's church), so that they KNOW they are valued and loved. Fully entering into the reckless pursuit of His dream, minus me. Resting in knowledge He holds it and carries it much better than I. Choosing to march in step with Him in it, despite the view it has from the outside looking in.

I prayed several days ago, "I pray I only enter fully in, and watch as time is slowed and waiting feels like running." 

 ...And running I am! 

 "Dreaming is a form of praying, and praying is a form of dreaming. The more you pray the bigger your dreams will become. And the bigger your dreams become the more you will have to pray." -Mark Batterson, The Circle Maker 

Jesus has magnificently blessed and appointed Jamie and her family in my life for THIS time. A deep underground root firm in mutual encouragement, challenges, and love. Excited doesn't begin to describe what I feel as the Lord unfolds another sheet of His master blueprint and shows us where to next, and where at now. 

 Be blessed, 
      Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment