Monday, January 9, 2012

Raising Benaiah's: Lion Chasers & World Changers

"Benaiah, son of Jehoiada, a valiant fighter from Kabzeel, performed great exploits. He struck down Moab's two mightiest warriors. He also went down into a pit on a snowy day and killed a lion. And he struck down an Egyptian who was five cubits tall. Although the Egyptian had a spear like a weaver's rod in his hand, Benaiah went against him with a club. He snatched the spear from the Egyptian's hand and killed him with his own spear. Such were the exploits of Benaiah son of Jehoiada; he too was as famous as the three mighty warriors. He was held in greater honor than any of the Thirty, but he was not included among the Three. And David put him in charge of his bodyguard." 1 Chronicles 11:22-25

About a year and a half ago I read an incredibly motivating and life changing book called "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" by Mark Batterson.

It was about Benaiah. About his triumphs and victories because of the Lord's favor. The book about was about getting in the pit and wrestling the enemy without fear, living in our gifts and chase big dreams.

Early EARLY this morning as I was praying in day two of our churches corporate fast - my focus for day two was my family as a unit. My prayers strung into our , the course God is directing and then ofcourse Paxton and that he is also fulfilled in our families calling - then I began to get rhema words for my son. He will be an anointed worshipper, He will be a lion chaser, His life will model a man of God who "enters in" to the lives he leads - showing relevant Godly compassion - inspiring people to live their best life in the Lord.

Lion chaser...


Not only will he chase after the Lord...he will chase the lion of this world (satan) into a pit - fearlessly - with only God's strength - and fight the good fight in victory.

I laughed thinking how God was even preparing me before I ever knew about Pax and his coming.

How do I raise this up? This question kept streaming through my mind as I was playing with him on the floor, then as I was folding laundry listening to him rummage through the pots and pans...that questioned turned into how did Benaiah's parents raise him.

I see a woman much like Samuel's mother, Hannah, who dedicated her son to the Lord. Samuel's mother desperately desired a child and God gave her one..in her oath and gratefulness she committed him back to the Lord (see 1 Samuel 1:1-28).

I see Benaiah's mother and father remaining faithful to glorify God in front of Benaiah - I see them investing in their sons gifts.

I see the strong leaders,themselves - enriching Benaiah - like Solomon's mother (ex: proverbs 31).

I see a mother who prayed and fasted for her family. Speaking life and God's truth.

I see parents who love each other and are unified.. Living examples of creation living in their gifts and focusing on the Lord - Creator - who raises victories warriors. Looking to a God who is experienced in parenting and loving and nurturing and providing.

So I'm making some conscious adjustments - with the end in mind.

My son will be resting - every night on God's word. I will fast certain days of the year and pray for my son and other children.



"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

If this is true... Which I believe it is PERFECT TRUTH...

Living and active...

"The soothing tongue is a tree of life.." Proverbs 15:4

"The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

I call my son lion sometimes - but I will be calling him my little world changer - lion chaser - peacemaker.

How incredible to trust the Lord to raise our children with His truth and Word...in faith. And have fun speaking life rather than death..and we know those words... Those names..they've shaped us...

Let's shape a generation of world changers with truth and the words of our mouth. Like it said yesterday - hearing God's whispering truths for those around you - rhema words that will set those you love free and position them to live abundantly. To then shape those around them and their children.

All with TRUTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment