Saturday, January 7, 2012

Trust & Provision: Beautiful Things

The next few days I have off (3 to be exact).. With much to do to occupy them sufficiently. I'm finding myself very anxious. A grateful anxious. We have the day-to-day busyness and the long term prep and planning - currently in the form of getting our house organized, painted and purged.

Getting rid of stuff is hard and I'm finding myself attached to things that have sat in the garage since we moved in August of 2008.

Doing repairs in a small home while trying to live in it with a walking teething baby. And I'm grateful. The process is consuming but has an amazing end result.

"And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." 2 Corinthians 9:8

We're purging - and ironically I'm finding myself gaining so much more. I'm giving away so many things we saved to have and earned on our own and I'm feeling more abundant.

Our home and our car need so much work before we feel like they would sell. BUT I remind myself and speak His very own words outwardly to process and claim over our situation. 2 scriptures being:

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.." Ephesians 3:20 NIV

"And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

God is able and I believe wants to surprise us with His love - he's got it covered.

If I freak out about anything its that we won't be able to sell our stuff and have enough to go. Hey - just being real. DAILY I have to speak in faith and dream big and believe BIG too. Refusing to walk in the flesh and remember God wants more from us and has called us - therefore making the way plain and accessible.

I know - because our life has reflected this truth - that it won't go how I plan. Things wont sell how I want and in the time I'd love. So the pride in me has to let go..so I can still allow God to use me here.

The only thing I need to freak about and really fear is God. Sounds weird.. But God says "fear not" a lot in scripture about situations or life challenges but the Word also says a lot about the fear of the Lord. In that fear I can trust that He has me, he has all of us..and this HUGE AND HOLY God has chosen us and wants to bless our faith in Him by showing himself faithful.

"How great is the goodness
you have stored up for those who fear you.
You lavish it on those who come to you for protection,
blessing them before the watching world." Psalm 31:19

The prayer I ask of you today is actually not pertaining to the above at all but rather a friend. My friend is not a professing Christian. I actually don't really know where she stands - however she wants a baby so bad and in expressing it to us - the Lord very clearly told me to tell her He wants to give her a baby. And He wanted me to tell her that AND pray for her AND boldly tell her when she gets pregnant that it was the Lord Who gave her the baby. I ask that she sees fully what Lord is doing for her and that it blesses her. I know God will do it.

Love you all and pray you will experience every spiritual blessing from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment