Friday, January 6, 2012

UNDERstand - UNDER Him

"We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins." (Colossians 1:9-14 NLT)

So good.

First I ask God that everyone - He allows me to encounter and am able to encourage - will be given COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE of His will for them. THEN their life will honor and please the Lord and produce EVERY KIND OF GOOD FRUIT! Made complete with all endurance and patience and joy AND THANKFULNESS!

Second I'm attracted to this verse AND compelled to hope that everyone knows what they are called to do and live in their promise.

Beginning last week God has been using me here - right where I'm planted to encourage people in my life. And what I find is that I am strengthened by their faithfulness and desire to dream humanly impossible to complete dreams for God to flesh out!

In people's excitement for our families journey I remind them that they have a dream to flesh out too.

I ask people what their dream is? Even to just spur some thought in that direction.

All I'm left to do is pray with intention the scripture above over every dear friend in search of connecting to their dream.

I believe God will answer this prayer AND that He WANTS to answer it!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment