Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bread of Real Life

"Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:32, 33, 35

I love bread. Homemade bread or bread from Zio's with some olive oil or butter....oh gosh.

"If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments and do them, I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase and the trees of the field yield their fruit. And your threshing [time] shall reach to the vintage and the vintage [time] shall reach to the sowing time, and you shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land securely." Leviticus 26:3-5

As much as I love bread - I love and deeply desire to be close to the Lord...

There's reasons. I need His salvation. I have to daily get my hands on His mercy. I want His nearness for confidence and favor. Im desperate to live a life that has purpose and breathes life into others.

As much as I love eating - I've developed a love/hate relationship with fasting. That I may feast on the satisfying nature of the Lord.

All day for a few days I keep hearing bread of Life. I'm the bread. Seek first me and all other things will be give to you. Bread.

Bread was a big deal in scripture. Jesus was the bread of life. When Jesus, at the last supper, was sharing who would betray him he used bread to identify the one - Judas Iscariot. (John 13:26). When thousands of people were hungry and following Jesus - He fed them with fish and bread. God gave bread from heaven for the Israelites. When identifying how sin infects the whole church - he used bread and yeast as metaphors.

Bread was huge then. It was the meal! Not the pre-course...but the whole meal. So when Jesus told his followers he was the bread of life - it was a big deal. Huge deal.

Bread. Love the stuff. When I butter bread I take my time - I get every top part of that bread with the butter! When im dipping bread in oil - you better believe i double dip and take my time enjoying it. When were at Zio's we get a minimum of five loaves throughout the meal - even up to the dessert. Praise Jesus. (I have a point)...

I want to open God's Word - take my time and looking at every word with hungry eyes. Being eager to eat it. To devour and be satisfied. I want to love His very word to keep me from sinning and living righteously...faithfully.

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

To have the truth on my lips and in the stomach of my soul to bring prophecy to people who need hope. To be ready to give an answer for the HOPE I have in Him.

Bread. I have a feeling I'm gonna be here for a few days.

I dare you to see His Word as a beautiful necessary nutritious loaf of Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment