Sunday, January 8, 2012

The WHISPER: For the Others

"Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good." Romans 12:9

Oh. My. Great. Goodness. I have this gratefulness and joy in me that is making me burst. I'm throwing up joy all over the place.

My kid napped near my heart today with his arm across my neck.

My husband took me to Dine-N-Dash and we played scrabble on my iPad my boss gave me... While pax,my son ate in a high hair at the end of the table.

I came home from a church service - one that confirmed God's love for His people - because He graced us with His presence. People who have firsthand testimonies of God's patience, love and desire to give to His creation.

I'm packing up things I thought I totally needed to fully function here. With every clean sweep I feel released. Excited. Grateful.

I fell on my knees in worship - the whole time thinking - God I'm not fit for this - not qualified. I've lived in Missouri my entire life - the southwest part of this state for 26 years. I speak only English. I'm white. I'm married and have a child. I'm not going as a single woman with nothing to lose. I have La Baggage o la centuria... All of that on my knees and I hear God say "Perfect, because that's the only kind I use."

This morning I wrestled with my son in the tub after peeing in our bed, again. While trying to wake up my very tired husband - who kept repeating "I'm an adult, I can decide when I get up".. We weren't running behind - yet I was still frazzled. I went to church in a tizzy because I hadn't eaten and needed even just a morsel of black coffee. And that's the real woman God wants to use.

I'm grateful. Like the bursting out of my being kind.

Im also gratefully convicted. I need to love more. I need to forgive more. I need to remember its not about me. It's all about Him. It's ALL about Him. When it's about Him - the people in my life are blessed. My husband is honored and respected. My son is inspired and encouraged to discover. My coworkers are blessed and encouraged. My church is served by God's giftings in His servant. My friends are strengthened. The people that sit in my chair are blessed and enriched. When it's about Him. I hear Him whisper truth for my life but also about these people... More importantly about these people.

"Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good." Romans 12:9

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8

When we miss God's whispers we can miss divine appointments. When we miss whispers, and go our own way we miss it for ourselves BUT we miss it for others too - others who have greatness in them, others who have families and friends. We miss a community of people who could of been radically changed by a real representation of God - you - being used by God.

When I don't wake up to feed my kid - he goes hungry - then fussy - then feelings of abandonment set in. If I don't love my husband - you know - for weeks and months - he begins to get frustrated. Feelings of neglect and disrespect set in. He begins to question my love for him.

OBVIOUSLY I don't do either. Because I love them. In relation I also must find myself in love with those God graciously entrusts me to encounter...like really LOVE them.

When we love - we are attentive to God. When we neglect time with the Lord - it's not just our lives that miss a promise, a rhema word, that brings us back to life - its not our lives that miss a truth that will set us free - we miss it for others... Others who are in bondage.. Others with addictions that leave them sweating and aching for release.. Others you rub shoulders with - in the confines of their rooms, pleading desperately for a God to rescue them and send answers. And those lives affect lives. This fact is bleeding for attention. Fortunately we serve a God who BLED once and for all.. Out of love.. To stop all bleeding..ONCE FOR ALL.

Being faithful to LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL HOUR HEART, SOUL AND MIND - will set you free - send you to your promise - and having you see wonders you never expected...

As well as others...living, breathing, desperate others..

No comments:

Post a Comment